RecipesAvocado Corn Salsa
Jazz up taco night with a salsa that’s not from a can—you’ll be glad you made the extra effort when you taste this delightfully sweet and savory relish.
- 3 ears corn, husked (about 2 cups kernels)
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 drops hot sauce, or to taste Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil; add corn and cook 30 seconds. Drain and immediately rinse under cold water; drain again and set aside.
- Combine avocados, onion, and bell pepper in a large bowl; add reserved corn and toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over avocado mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.