RecipesFried YuccaCosta Rica style Fried Yucca
Try serving this fun to eat typical Costa Rican favorite dish the next time you entertain.
- 1 small or medium yucca root
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon chile powder
- salt, to taste
- Skin the yucca using a potato peeler or a knife.
- Cut the yucca into 2-3 inch chunks and then cut those chunks in half.
- Boil the yucca until it is just soft enough to poke with a fork. Don't over boil or let it sit in the hot water or it will become to soft and wont fry.
- There is a very indigestible stringy part in the middle, be sure to take that out if its visible.
- Cut the half chunks into smaller fry-shaped pieces.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the yucca and fry on medium or medium-low heat, turning occasionally until they are browned to your liking.
- Add salt, dust with chili powder, and dip in ketchup.